Thursday, July 31, 2008

July in summary

July 1
Felt ok all day
July 2
Went for a walk to store & library, mostly felt ok but took half a Clonazepam at night
July 3
Felt ok all day
July 4
Walked to a distant store, was able to spend about 20 minutes in large store, felt fairly comfortable but restless at cash and in line, wanted to head for home afterwards but was able to stop at bakery to pick up lunch. Had gripes during the night. Took half a clonazepam
July 5
Woke up with a headache and stomach still feeling gripey. Took half a Clonazepam at 9:45am. My night had been quite bad, stomach was bad, kept jolting awake, couldn't relax. I have been feeling quite a bit better in general since starting Celexa, I've even found my self humming at times. I think my poor night was PMS related.
July 6
Felt ok
July 7
Today DH and I went to Whole Foods. I love it there. I was anxious going and felt tense in the store. I left DH to pay as I was anxious to leave but I managed it and felt really pleased that I got through it. I didn't enjoy it but I know I have to expose myself to get more comfortable with going places.
July 8
I felt dizzy today and had a big headache. I ended up feeling tense and nauseous so I took half a Clonazepam
July 9
Today I went to the Education store to pick up a couple of things. I was restless and felt like I was on fast forward or something but I did it and was able to pay for the things I needed while DH waited outside in the car. I felt great knowing I had gone when I could have easily asked DH to get what I needed.
July 10
Walked to another distant store with my Mum and felt ok. She went to one store while I went to another and I felt completely ok. Last time I went to this store was in April and I had to abandon the stuff I wanted and leave hastily.
July 11
Felt ok all day but a bit blah 9pm onwards.
July 12
Had a headache all day but otherwise felt ok
July 13
I knew today would be tough with my parents leaving after over 2 weeks. i was anxious about the goodbyes. I felt wonky all day, yawning and watery eyes, restless, some nausea, tense tender stomach. As soon as the farewell was over I felt ok until neighbour stopped by and I really wanted her to leave. I felt edgy and had to cut the conversation short. Around bedtime I felt iffy - indigestion and tense stomach. I took 2 halves of Clonazepam today
July 14
felt ok all day
July 15 - my Birthday
Had a headache all day - didn't feel too great
July 16
Felt edgy this morning, not sure why - could be due to first day at work, plus DH has an interview. Felt restless, hot mouth, mild head ache, IBS attack (mild). Felt ok during afternoon but prior to dinner IBS kicked in again, then anxiety symptoms followed - tense, restless, yawning, gulping - blah. Took half a Clonazepam and felt better but a while later, felt bad again
July 17
felt mildly anxious during the day today. Was able to function fine. Slept this evening so therefore couldn't sleep at night, then felt nauseous, hot mouth. hot digestive system, tense chest and throat, yawning and runny nose. Took half a Clonazepam at 3am. Was awake most of the night.
July 18
Felt ok
July 19
felt nauseous with a hot mouth all morning. I put up with it until about 1 when I took half a Clonazepam
July 20
Today I increased my Celexa to 30mg
Felt ok all day
July 21
Felt ok all day
July 22
I think I have a UTI -whimper whimper
July 23
Felt ok aside from UTI
July 24
Today I have a goal. My daughter has an appointment with our family Dr and my goal has been to attend this appt. It is in the next town - about 20 minutes away. I have not been this far since February 9. I decide to take half a Clonazepam before we leave to be sure I am ok. the journey causes me to feel a bit restless and I count backwards repeatedly in my head and need the A/C on full blast in my face. I wait outside in the car while DH and DD go in and DH calls me when the Dr enters the room. I did ok, felt a bit anxious but coped ok. When we got back in the car I felt great that I had made it. the appt had been made weeks ago and I really wanted to be there. On the way home we stopped and did a couple of quick errands. I felt jubilant!
July 25 & 26
felt fine
July 27
I increased my celexa to 40 mg today - my goal dosage.
July 28-30
felt fine aside form UTI which is slowly getting better
July 31
Today I decided I wanted to go to the beach in the next town. It's about 20 minutes away and I said to DH that we would go and stay 1 hour with the kids. We did, I took loads of pictures of the kids and loved it. Again I felt so free after being home for so long. I think the celexa is working it's magic. I feel more confident and it's so nice not to continually feel like crap! My only gripe about it is that it has affected me sexually. I miss good orgasms. My Dr assures me this is temporary - I sure hope so.

No comments: