Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big day today

Today we have DS's big Dr appointment. It is the furthest away from the house than I have been since my anxiety blow up in February and we have never met with this Dr. before. Due to the nature of the appt it is important that we are both there.
I do feel quite anxious but not scared. My throat and chest feel tight, my mouth is dry, my stomach feels tense but as of yet I do not feel overly restless or nauseous. the appt is in 2 hours but we will leave the house in an hour to allow time for dropping DD off for a playdate (nervous because haven't left her with others before and she has life threatening nut allergy) and for travel time. I do plan to take some Clonazepam before we go because I need to focus on the appt and not how I feel. Taking the meds allows for that without making me sleepy or 'out of it'. I only take it in teeny tiny doses and so far it does help in taking the edge off the symptoms but I am aware they are still there but can function fine.
If I feel really bad I can always leave. I know I will not be chained to the chair or locked in the room. This is not something I want to do but I need to know I have that option to ease my anxiety.
Wish me luck!

No comments: