Friday, August 22, 2008

I am finding myself.

The title could be a complete sentence or part of one. I am finding myself again - a me I had forgotten about quite some time ago. Also I am finding myself planning stuff in my head, errands I need/want to do, clothes shopping, getting my hair cut which hasn't happened yet this year, going to a park with the kids to take pictures, that's not walkable distance, bike rides with my family etc etc. It is so thrilling to feel I can manage it and look forward to getting out and about.
The big outing will be to venture back to the place we were heading when my panic overwhelmed me in February. This I plan to do before the year is over and I also hope to take our annual trip 500 miles to NY to see friends. I can actually envision it happening and me feeling fine.

You know how it feels when you go for an x-ray and you have to wear the lead apron? It's not until you take it off that you realize how heavy it was. That's how I feel - like the burden of the agoraphobia has been lifted and I feel like I'm walking on air compared to how I was feeling a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey Ann. I really love the honesty and reality of your blog. I'm so happy you're doing so well and being such a great fighter!!

I've nominated you for a blogger award on my blog. Hope you don't mind. :)